Instro's GNAV is a DGPS north finding, position and attitude sensor module designed for use in magnetic environments like heavy vehicles and ships where inertial systems are often too costly.
Due to GNAVs unique design concept, accurate direction can be determined while stationary, along with position and attitude.
GNAV modules have a heavy duty, thick wall aluminium housing providing a high degree of mechanical protection.
The GNAV's integrated 3 axis IMU provides azimuth data continuity during short periods of GPS reception loss as well as an increased data output rate over its RS-422/RS-232 data link.
The design and ease of installation and use of the GNAV module makes it ideally suited to vehicle retrofit applications.
- Construction Painted Al alloy and composite
- Weight 12kg
- Dimensions 78 x 14 x 9cm
- Mechanical interface, Series of mounting holes for captive bolts plus locating dowels
- Azimuth accuracy 0.5° 1σ
- Pitch and roll accuracy 0.5° 1σ
- Level compensation +/- 15°
- Positional accuracy - GPS 5m CEP
- Positional accuracy - DGPS 1.5m CEP
- Power supply 18 – 32Vdc
- Communications, RS-232 and RS-422
- GPS TTFF (Hot start), <150 sec
- Orientation Backup, 3 axis Inertial Measurement Unit
- Power Supply, +18VDC to +32VDC
- Environmentally sealed
- Operating temperature, -35°C to +55°C
- Starter kit for developers, including cables and Windows software
- Vehicle specific mounting brackets
- Customised Mechanical Interfacing
- Electrical interface and connectivity,
- Vehicle specific cabling and power supply interfacing