Job Title: Electro-Optic Department Manager
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Our Offer Includes:
- Competitive salary, company profit-sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Flexible working – nine day fortnight.
- Generous paid holiday allowance, plus bank holidays.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the manufacture, survey, evaluation, fault diagnosis and repair including testing of Electro-Optic payloads within the repair facility or in the field are carried out within the agreed turnaround time.
Liaising with the quality and operations team, create reports and returns as required by the customer and attend reviews at customers’ premises as required.
Carry out the ILS management activities in support of the Electro-Optics equipment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that returned product assessments and repairs are carried out within the agreed turnaround time.
- Creating monthly reports and KPIs in support of the program.
- Acting as the ILS manager and controlling the stock holdings within the department.
- Ensuring that the facility is maintained in accordance with current standards.
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- To undertake customer and other visits in the UK and overseas, when necessary. As such a current passport and full clean current driving licence are required.
- Carry out other tasks and activities as required by management.
- Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
Ideally educated to HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering related discipline or with a recognised engineering apprenticeship within an electro-optical repair or manufacturing environment.
Preferably APM or PRINCE2 qualified.
- Management of Complex products in ideally the defence sector.
- Experienced with the use of Electro-Mechanical assemblies with a basic familiarity with opto-mechanical equipment.
- Working within a clean room environment.
- Maintenance of Electro-Optic Sensors.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Ability to work alone or part of a team.
- Effective communicator.
- Must be comfortable with working in the defence and security sectors.
- Must be able to travel at reasonably short notice to customers’ premises.
- Understanding of ISO9001/AS9100 standards.
- Principles of ILS.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / Quality focused.
- Outcome / Solution focused.
Applicants to apply through the link below, uploading a CV and personal statement as to why you would like to be considered for this role.
Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.