Job Title: Electro-Optic Maintenance & Repair Technician
Responsible to: Electro-Optic Department Manager
Our Offer Includes:
- Competitive salary, company profit-sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Flexible working – nine day fortnight.
- Generous paid holiday allowance, plus bank holidays.
Reporting to the Department Manager the post holder will be responsible for carrying out the manufacture, survey, evaluation, fault diagnosis and repair including testing of Electro-Optic payloads within the repair facility or in the field as required.
Liaising with the quality and operations team to create reports and returns as required.
Operate in a role supporting existing product lines when required, thus ensuring that programs are achieved on time, to quality and budget.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating returned product and carrying out repairs as required within the agreed turnaround time.
- Debugging faults within the system.
- Carrying out line of sight calibration between optical units.
- Updating software to CPUs contained within the equipment.
- Carrying out leak checks and resolving issues as identified.
- Balancing of the gimballed system.
- Carrying test procedures.
- Producing reports and returns as required in support of the contract.
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- To undertake customer and other visits in the UK and overseas, when necessary. As such a current passport and full clean current driving licence are required.
- Carry out other tasks and activities as required by management.
- Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
- Ideally educated to HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering related discipline or with a recognised engineering apprenticeship within an electro-optical repair or manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with the fault diagnosis and repair of Electro-Optical Sensors with a basic familiarity with opto-mechanical testing equipment: collimator, theodolite, vibration table and electrical diagrams.
- Working within a clean room environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time management abilities.
- Ability to work alone or part of a team.
- Effective communicator.
- Must be comfortable with working in the defence and security sectors.
- Must be able to travel at reasonably short notice to customers’ premises.
- Understanding of optical sensors, Ethernet communication based equipment, debugging of complex-opto mechanical equipment.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / Quality focused.
- Outcome / Solution focused.
Applicants to apply through the link below, uploading a CV and personal statement as to why you would like to be considered for this role.
Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.