Job Title: Project Manager
Responsible to: Engineering Director
Our Offer Includes:
- Competitive salary, company profit-sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Flexible working – nine day fortnight.
- Generous paid holiday allowance, plus bank holidays.
Within the Engineering Department, the purpose of Project Managers is to:
- Ensure the objectives of a project are clearly defined;
- Develop project plans to meet the objectives;
- Lead and motivate project teams;
- Manage risks, opportunities, issues, decisions and changes;
- Monitor progress and request support from the senior management team when required;
- Communicate with stakeholders.
In general, each Project Manager is responsible for one major product development project and several smaller scale activities to produce proof of concept demonstrators and prototypes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leadership of project teams.
- Management of projects to meet the defined objectives.
- Balancing the cost – schedule – quality triangle through consultation with the Engineering Director and other stakeholders.
- Application of suitable tools and techniques from the APM Body of Knowledge, tailored to the scale and complexity of the project.
- Management of risks, opportunities, issues, decisions and changes.
- Make suggestions and take part in continuous improvement activities.
- Customer and supplier visits. As such, a full current driving licence is required.
- Relevant degree in an Engineering or Business related discipline.
- APM Project Management Qualification or equivalent.
- Confident in producing and maintaining project plans to meet defined objectives.
- Sufficiently experienced to manage projects with minimal supervision, using own judgment to consult the Engineering Director and other stakeholders when required.
- Research and/or product development projects.
- UK defence industry, ideally with experience of dealing with Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers.
Skills & Abilities:
- Team leadership.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to articulate objectives clearly.
- Excellent time management.
- Systems thinking (understanding the big picture).
- APM Body of Knowledge.
- CADMID cycle.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / Quality focused.
- Outcome / Solution focused.
Applicants to apply through the link below, uploading a CV and personal statement as to why you would like to be considered for this role.
Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.