Job Title: Quality Engineer
Responsible to: Quality Manager
Our Offer Includes:
- Competitive salary, company profit-sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Flexible working – nine day fortnight.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Generous paid holiday allowance, plus bank holidays.
The Quality Engineer will work internally and externally of the business as required, reporting to the Quality Manager within the Quality department and will predominately be supporting supplier issues & improvements, carry out supplier evaluation, re-evaluation to identify and prioritise concern suppliers, parts & processes, maintain on-going performance measurement using KPI methodology and promote use of best practice and appropriate problem solving techniques to eliminate the root cause of problems.
The role will also include being involved with internal projects, investigating related issues to completion using RCA, support on-going process improvements, and internal audits.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the quality team to identify and investigate internal & external supplier issues.
- Liaise with business partners to ensure continuous supply chain improvement.
- Support the business with Quality matters relating to purchased product.
- Control supplier non-conformities reported to MRB & raise SCAR documentation as required to ensure timely resolution of Supplier Quality concerns.
- Co-ordinate, plan and conduct regular supplier evaluation audits.
- Co-ordinate parts / material investigation and measurement activities to feedback accurate Quality data.
- Visit suppliers to verify & approve robust countermeasure application.
- Raise modification requests to the Engineering department as required.
- Support NPI projects & resourcing to achieve departmental QCD targets.
- Travel to Supplier sites as required. A full current driving licence is required.
- Update Supplier related KPI’s for business reporting.
- HNC/HND in a Quality or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Qualified Internal/External Approved Auditor.
- 6 Sigma certified would be an Advantage.
- Experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using FMEA & 8D processes.
- Identifying problem areas using data analysis with focus on defect prevention.
- Knowledge and understanding in process audit, analysis and the ability to develop and implement robust counter measures.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing drawings and specifications which link to required process controls.
- Experience of dealing with Supplier issues, onsite and at supplier destinations.
- Experience of AS9100 an advantage.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to influence business partners to assure continuous supply chain improvement.
- Well organised to manage conflicting priorities to deadlines.
- Can adapt to a flexible environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Effective communicator.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 18001.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Hands on.
- Team focused.
- Customer / Quality focused.
- Outcome / Solution focused.
Applicants to apply through the link below, uploading a CV and personal statement as to why you would like to be considered for this role.
Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.