Job Title: Sales Group Manager
Department: BD, Sales and Marketing
Responsible to: BD and Sales Director
Our Offer Includes:
- Competitive salary, company profit-sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Flexible working – nine day fortnight.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Generous paid holiday allowance, plus bank holidays.
Responsible for developing and securing sales for the company and ensuring the achievement of its budget sales targets.
Managing the sales team (customer facing), setting objectives, supporting sales activities, and account management.
This is a customer facing role with responsibility for winning and delivering assigned new business and sales targets. This is to be achieved by identifying relevant customers and building relationships to secure business for applicable Instro and parent group products. In addition, this is a role that requires people management. The person must be a positive and well-informed advocate to ensure Instro is perceived as an industry leader.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a small team of salespeople, setting objectives, and providing help and prioritisation.
- Devise and implement actions to discover, identify and qualify the requirements of new business opportunities. Map and align client requirements to capabilities of Instro and its parent company and highlight potential risks and issues that may arise in the pursuit of specific opportunities.
- Develop and maintain the trust and confidence of the company’s major accounts and channel partners and be responsible for the commercial relationship of assigned accounts, both through management of a force of salespeople and personally being involved in customer engagement.
- Prepare and maintain account plans for assigned accounts to ensure internal stakeholders (e.g. engineering, operations, applicable parent compant division) all have common view on the goals and support requirements to achieve them.
- Maintain current knowledge of the market for Instro products, and the opportunities for them.
- Understand and assess competitor SWOT in support of product roadmap plans.
- Support the preparation of sales bids and proposals, including but not limited to drafting, reviewing, preparation of quotations and presentations.
- To carry out other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Line Manager.
- To support international conferences, trade shows and customer demonstrations as required.
- To undertake as required, customer and supplier visits by car. As such a full, clean, current driving licence is required.
- Military or industry accreditations as a specialist in the fields of targeting or motion systems (pan and tilts or stabilised payloads).
- Good technical understanding.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) desirable.
- An individual with a wealth of experience in engineering in the defence sector, and / or marketing of targeting, motion systems, armoured fighting vehicles, or ISTAR sensors and systems.
- Prior experience of a customer facing sales role or able to demonstrate effective contribution to team activities as both team leader and individual contributor.
- Small team management experience. Preferably sales team.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communicator with good written and spoken English skills. Attentive listener. Ability to assimilate information and contribute to client discussions with informed analysis of requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Self-starter with attention to detail. Organised and able to prioritise own workload to deliver multiple projects against fixed deadlines.
- Sensitivity to the different cultures and business practices of international customers.
- Must be comfortable with working in the defence and security sectors.
- Military equipment practice and capabilities of UK and major allied nations in the field of targeting, motion systems, or armoured fighting vehicles and the workflows associated with those roles.
- Familiarity with other weapon systems and sensors as may be relevant to capabilities of Instro and other parent group companies.
- Competent in describing and explaining the main features, benefits and advantages of the company’s products.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Hands on.
- Team focused.
- Customer / Quality focused.
- Outcome / Solution focused.
- Comfortable at tactical and strategic level.
Applicants to apply through the link below, uploading a CV and personal statement as to why you would like to be considered for this role.
Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.