Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Responsible to: Quality Manager
Our Offer Includes:
- Competitive salary, company profit-sharing scheme, stakeholder pension and death in service scheme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Flexible working – nine day fortnight.
- Generous paid holiday allowance, plus bank holidays.
The Senior Quality Engineer will report directly to the Quality Manager. The role will include but not limited to, supporting & collaboration of specific technical projects pertaining to mechanical, electronics and software standard disciplines as required, also to support the day to day quality function as part of the quality team. Generate and maintain on-going performance measurement using KPI methodology and promote use of best practice and appropriate RCA problem solving techniques to eliminate the root cause of problems, support on-going process improvements, and internal procedural and process audits.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Quality Manager in regards to identifying and investigation of internal & external issues, using RCA, corrective action and verification techniques.
- Provide quality support and collaboration for specific project work as required.
- Liaise with business partners to ensure continuous improvement identification and implementation.
- Support the business with quality matters relating to Customer SCAR and FRACAS investigations.
- Control customer supplied product non-conformities reported through the MRB process & raise SCAR documentation as required to ensure timely resolution of sub-contract supply quality concerns.
- Co-ordinate, plan and conduct regular internal audits specifically related to the special project function.
- Co-ordinate parts / material investigation and measurement activities to feedback accurate quality data.
- Raise modification requests to the Engineering department as required.
- Support NPI projects & resourcing to achieve departmental QCD targets.
- Generate & maintain related project KPI’s for business reporting.
- Control project quality using continuous monitoring to achieve planned completion dates.
- Produce & control project production documentation as per customer requirements, product repair & test reports, generate waivers / concessions.
- Travel to customer sites for product investigation reviews as required, as such a full clean current driving licence is required.
- Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.
- Degree /HNC/HND in a Quality or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Qualified Internal/External Approved Auditor.
- 6 Sigma certified would be an Advantage.
- Experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using FRACAS, FMEA, 8D, AQAP, FOD processes.
- Identifying problem areas using data analysis with focus on defect prevention.
- Knowledge and understanding in process audit, analysis and the ability to develop and implement robust counter measures.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing drawings and specifications which link to required process controls.
- Experience of dealing with Optical, Mechanical, Electronic & Software disciplines.
- Experience of AS9100 an advantage.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 / AS9100 / 14001 / AQAP / Defence Standards.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to influence business partners to ensure continuous product quality.
- Well organised to manage conflicting priorities to deadlines.
- Can adapt to a flexible environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Effective communicator.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Good attention to detail and a focused approach to work.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Team focused.
- Customer / Quality focused.
- Outcome / Solution focused.
Applicants to apply through the link below, uploading a CV and personal statement as to why you would like to be considered for this role.
Due to the nature of the work all candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance to SC level.